True Grip Off Road are redeveloping this website. Please bear with us for the time being if there is any limited functionality.
True Grip Vouchers
Customers Please Note: True Grip Experience Vouchers are no longer for sale direct from us. Our full range of gift experience vouchers are available on line both full price and current offers and are available for purchase from our voucher company partners as follows:
and many others, just search for true grip off road.
Ensure you purchase a 'True Grip' Voucher as many others are envious of our reputation.
Redeeming Groupon Vouchers
Booking Your Course
Passenger / Additional Driver Charges
Upgrade Your Expereince Course Voucher
Self Drive and Practice Facility
Eastwell Park is NOT a Pay and Play Site.
However our Old Venue at Maypole near Herne Bay has now become a Self Drive and Practice Facility and is also available for hire to Clubs Societies and other Organisations for Events or Training.
The Self Drive and Practice Facility at Maypole will be open every Saturday and Sunday. The Venue is undergoing some pretty major overhaul at this time so the commencement date for this facilility will be notified on here as soon as possible. The current estimate is early September.
The use of Maypole for Self Drive and Practice will be subject to agreeing to abide by simple rules for safety and damage limitation to the venue. The amount of vehicles that can use the facility at any one time will be restricted for safety and enjoyment reasons (we will not be running a free for all type of venue) so prior booking on 07817454167 is essential. The names of customers who come to us will be entered on to a database and once established and trusted will enjoy a reduced charge for use of the facility.
The initial charge will be £30 per day per car from 1000hrs to 1600hrs.
Separate hire charges relate to Groups, Clubs and other Events. Please call 07817 454167 to discuss quotes.
You can, if you wish, book a minimum of a Half Day morning experience/course with us at Eastwell Manor and you can remain after your experience/course and use your own vehicle for practice for up to two hours for £20.
RECEIVED A GIFT VOUCHER AS A GIFT OR FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY ?
If you were lucky enough to receive a Experience Voucher for one of our courses as a Gift or for your Birthday.
click here for more information
See what our customers say about us
Visit our facebook page now!
Find out what we are doing! Join us on Twitter!
Follow us now!
Have a look at our Blog - lots of interesting and useful posts!
Read our Blog
Terms and Conditions
True Grip Driver Training Limited trading as True Grip Off Road (“the Company”)
1. All courses are offered subject to availability and weather conditions. The Company cannot guarantee that a course will not be withdrawn if the weather or ground conditions render it, in our opinion, unsafe to operate; and the Company’ decision in this regard shall be ﬁnal and binding on all parties.
2. Placement of your order in any format constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, notwithstanding which no contract shall come into existence between us until
Your order is accepted verbally or in writing by us. Any written or oral representations made to you prior to contract are hereby excluded from forming part of the contract, unless expressly incorporated therein.
Please read and understand the Booking Terms and Conditions carefully.
Bookings must be made by telephone direct to our Bookings Office on 01233 220270(option 3) during normal office opening times.(Opening times are published on our website at www.truegripoffroad.co.uk)
Applications for a booking can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a telephonic call back to deal with the application. The following information must be included:
a. Details of Voucher Company and Voucher Number.
b. Name of Applicant.
c. Daytime telephone number for call back. If after 3 days we are unable to contact the applicant an email will be sent to this effect and the applicant will have to either telephone the Bookings Office as above or re-apply again by email.
We are unable to take bookings with customers directly by email. (Unless special arrangements are in force)
Once a telephone booking is accepted it is treated as a confirmed booking by True Grip Off Road at the time of entry onto the Diary. Whereupon there will be a seven(7) day ‘Cooling Off’ period during which time the booking can be altered without charge.
Vouchers must be sent to the below address to arrive within the Seven Day Cooling off Period. If the voucher does not arrive within this time the booking will be deemed as ‘not required’ and released back to the diary for allocation.
It is suggested that the voucher is sent by recorded or special delivery as we cannot be responsible for the non-delivery of vouchers. In the event of the seven day cooling off period passing and the voucher is not received we will endeavour to contact the customer but this cannot be guaranteed.
In the event of the voucher going astray then the customer will need to contact the issuing voucher company for a duplicate ASAP, or alternatively keep a copy.
After booking please enter the date of your booking on the voucher and send your voucher to:
True Grip Off Road
Kent TN25 4JT
Generally we require the original voucher but in exceptional circumstances a photocopy will suffice subject to prior agreement with the Bookings Office. If a photocopy is sent then the original must be brought to the venue on the day and collected otherwise the experience will not go ahead.
Once we have received your telephone booking (Or payment in the case of Direct Bookings) a confirmation email will be sent to you stating the date and time of the booking and the location of the event. Attached will be a copy of our Full Terms and Conditions, Directions to our Venues and a Form of Declaration. In the exceptional circumstance of an email address not being available we will send the confirmation by post.
We operate a strict ‘First Come First Served’ bookings policy and whist we give help and advice with regard to availability of booking slots they cannot be reserved.
CANCELLATION AND REBOOKING POLICY.
Your booking usually prevents others from booking at the specific time and date and in the event of cancellation or rebooking it also incurs a large unrecoverable cost to the operator. It is therefore subject to a recognised cancellation policy for activity, events and training bookings which is in line with Regulation 6 of the Distance Selling Regulations issued by the Office of Fair Trading. This means that once the Booking is in place your right to cancellation without penalty ends.
The Cancellation and Rebooking Policy is thus:
1. Seven Day Cooling Off Period. No Charge.
2. 8 Days to 31 Days Prior to Booking Taking Place
Should you wish to change the date of your booking after the seven day cooling off period but more than 31 days before the booking takes place then an administration fee of £15 will apply payable at the time of amendment by debit or credit card.
Should you wish to cancel the booking in its entirety within this period then the voucher will be deemed as spent and non-refundable either as a value of the voucher or monetary.
3. 31 Days or Less Prior To Booking Taking Place.
If you wish to rebook 31 Days or less in advance of your chosen booking date then a rebooking fee of 50% of our published web price for the Experience or Event will be payable. Any discounts or special offer prices do not apply.
Should you incur a re-booking fee then this will be payable by Debit/Credit Card at the time of rebooking.
Please remember it may not be possible to change your booking to another date prior to the expiry of your gift voucher.
Should you wish to cancel the booking in its entirety within this period then the voucher will be deemed as spent and non-refundable either as a value of the voucher or monetary.
Please note the above timescales include Weekends and Public Holidays.
Should you not arrive for your booking without prior communication then you will forfeit your voucher or monies paid, NO refund will be given and NO re booking will be possible.
The above Policy as set out applies in all circumstances – Including Workplace commitments, Traffic delays, Unable to find the Venue and any other circumstances beyond the control of True Grip Off Road.
If a customer suffers a debilitating illness which renders them unable to take the experience/course then prior notice must be received by telephone(01233 220270(Option 1) or email to email@example.com before the experience/course takes place. In all circumstances this report of illness must be supported by a Doctors medical certificate to be received at the True Grip office Address within seven (7) days of the cancelled booking. Providing this is complied with we can rebook your experience for the standard admin fee of £15. If the customer cannot or does not supply a Doctor medical certificate or does not inform us of illness then the standard Rebooking and Cancellation policy applies.
No responsibility can be taken by us for inappropriate bookings. It is the customers responsibility to acquaint themselves with the nature of the booking before it is placed either by websites belonging to True Grip or that of Issuing Voucher company. Once the seven day cooling off period has passed after a booking has been placed then the Cancellation and Rebooking policy applies.
Bad Weather or other Unavoidable Circumstances At The Venue.
True Grip Off Road Operates In Virtually All Weathers. If an activity is cancelled due to bad weather or any other unavoidable circumstance at the venue such as when a ‘specialist’ vehicle is booked and on the rare occasion it suffers a last minute vehicle failure we will endeavour to contact the customer as soon as practicably possible provided a valid telephone number has been provided. In the event of a specialist vehicle failure an alternative vehicle of equal specialism will be substituted or rebooked as set out below in Rebooking because of bad weather.
If the booking has to be rescheduled because of inclement weather or other unavoidable circumstances at the venue your booking will be rescheduled to a mutually convenient time and date.
If the customer is only in the area for a short time we will hold the voucher or booking ‘open’ irrespective of any expiry date to when it can be used by the customer or other nominated person.
True Grip Off Road is Essentially an All Weather Venue. In the event of serious inclement weather conditions the venue is risk assessed on an hourly basis or as frequent as seen fit. Allowance is also made for the conditions of the surrounding local roads. If the risk assessment allows the continuance of the bookings these will not be eligible for re-scheduling. In these circumstances if it is a customer’s decision not to attend or take part then it will be deemed as a re-booking or cancellation and the above rebooking and cancellation policy will apply.
True Grip Off Road will endeavour to deliver a booking but if they are unable to do so for any reason True Grip Off Road will not be liable, neither will the Company pay compensation for any Travelling Expenses, Food or Accommodation Costs.
Group Bookings are quoted for a per head or per activity basis and once agreed is binding even if the amount of attendees reduces. Furthermore the amount of attendees cannot increase without the prior notification and acceptance by True Grip Off Road. If the quote is accepted by all parties and the booking is made then a 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking the balance to be settled 14 days prior to the event taking place.
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SITE SPECIFIC
AND APPLY AT BOTH OUR ASHFORD AND HERNE BAY VENUES
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• We will be unable to provide your course/experience without having your valid experience gift voucher
• Please bring a copy of this acknowledgment and the fully completed Declaration-Disclaimer form (attached to this email for you to print off) with you when you arrive for your course/experience.
• Please arrive at our Off Road Driving Venues no more than 30 minutes before the start time of your course. Upon arrival please park your vehicle carefully in the car park and make your way to the reception room. Please do not enter the workshop or vehicle maintenance area unless accompanied by a member of True Grip Staff. This is a health and Safety requirement.
• Please do not go upstairs to the Training Room(or the Brieifng Cabin at our Herne Bay Venue), which may be in use for another course/experience, or walk onto the vehicle activity areas unless called forward by one of our instructors.
• Children under the age of 12 years are not allowed to ride in the cars. Any person over the age of 12 years must wear an adult seatbelt at all times whilst in the vehicles. Children’s safety seats, harnesses, and booster seats are not allowed in the cars neither are they provided.
• Please be aware our off road driving venues have no facilities for children. Any children brought to Venues must be supervised by an adult at all times and cannot be left alone.
• Persons who arrive with the experience customer are welcome to remain in the Reception/Refreshment Area whilst the experience or activity is taking place at the Off Road Site or they may leave to enjoy the activities and walking available in the local area and return later. Any passengers who will be travelling in the Off Road Vehicles whether paying or otherwise are required to attend the safety briefing.
• There are no facilities for persons not travelling in the Off Road Vehicles to observe the proceedings at the off road site itself at Ashford as it is some considerable distance from the reception area.
• It is imperative that you travel to the site in a single vehicle. This will help with car parking at the Venues and minimise disturbance to our neighbours and damage to the environment.
• When entering and leaving the Venues please consider our neighbours and drive carefully as the roads are narrow. In respect of our Ashford Venue it is a working Farming Estate, please observe the country code, respect any animals you may encounter and give precedence to farm vehicles and implements.
• Special conditions for our Herne Bay Venue
• Facilities at this venue are limited and Spectators are not permitted unless travelling as Passengers in the Off Road Vehicles.
• Please ensure you wear suitable clothing as the site is exposed and conditions underfoot can be difficult. Please do not wear anything that you would not wish to get dirty.
Other Terms and Conditions.
Validity of True Grip Company Vouchers.
All True Grip issued vouchers are valid for Nine (9) Months from the date of issue. They can be booked as per the booking instructions issued with the voucher in accordance with the aforementioned booking terms and conditions.
Payment For True Grip Vouchers.
Payment for the purchase of True Grip vouchers must be paid in full by Credit/Bebit card at the point of sale. If vouchers are purchased at the Ashford venue then these can be paid for by Credit/Debit card or Cash.
Refunds True Grip Vouchers.
In the unlikely event of a refund being payable this will be paid to the original purchaser at the month end in which the refund was requested. The sum will be the full amount less an administration charge of £35. Once the experience is booked then no refund can be made.
Refunds For Experience Company Vouchers.
No other refunds will be given for Gift Voucher purchases. In the case of vouchers issued by gift or voucher companies any refunds or exchanges must be taken up with the company issuing the voucher.
You or a recipient may transfer the voucher to another person without recourse to True Grip Off Road during its validity period.
Any transfer of vouchers from another party will be subject to the issuing companies’ terms and conditions and are not the responsibility of True Grip Off Road.
* Course Types:
A 1:1 or exclusive course means you have sole use of the vehicle. Up to two friends or family can ride as passengers or share the driving with you (depending on your voucher type there may be a small extra charge for this)
A 2:1, 3.1 or shared course means you will be sharing the vehicle with other customers who we will have been booked alongside you. If you have brought a guest and there is a vacancy in the vehicle they can ride as a passenger for part of the course if the opportunity arises for a small extra charge, they will have no opportunity to drive unless they have upgraded into the vacant slot.
Restrictions and Exclusions from the Venues.
1. Drivers must be at least seventeen (17) years old and hold a full and valid UK , EEC or International driving licence. A Continental driving licence is also acceptable within the constraints of English law in that the holder must not have been in this country for more than twelve (12) months after which the licence is no longer valid.
2. Participants must present their driving licence if requested to do so.
3. True Grip Off Road does not allow any person to drive who has consumed any amount, however small of alcoholic drink, or who they think may be under the effects of drugs.
4. We reserve the right to decline your participation in any course, experience or event if we consider you are unﬁt to drive due to the consumption of drink, drugs, prescribed or otherwise or illness or where disability would in the opinion of True Grip Staff be dangerous to the vehicle, occupants and other venue users.
5. True Grip Staff are trained and empowered to ask a participant driver for a breath test if they consider that person to have been drinking. It is not illegal to refuse to take a breath test, however a refusal will be taken as an admission to having consumed drink and the course/experience curtailed forthwith without recourse to any form of compensation and will then fall within the aforementioned Cancellation and Rebooking policy.
True Grip staff are empowered and have the right at any time to refuse participants access to the booked activity at any stage of the booking and remove them from the venue if in their opinion any of the aforementioned under the restrictions paragraph apply. They may also refuse participation in the booked activity if the participant arrives too late for the safety briefing or delay will inconvenience and impact upon other customers activities and bookings.
Participants may also have the experience curtailed early and be asked to leave if they do not take proper notice of the Instructor, or in the Instructors opinion their manner of driving is dangerous or risks damage to a True Grip vehicle or other participants at the venue.
Any persons displaying aggressive or abusive words or behaviour, verbal or physical towards any members of True Grip staff, or any persons which are on premises owned and/or operated by True Grip off Road will be ejected from the premises, the booking curtailed and subject to the aforementioned Cancellation and Rebooking policy.
True Grip Staff can at any time terminate telephone calls which become abusive and domineering in there nature.
1. Participants must notify the Company of any medical condition
likely to affect them.
Declaration, Disclaimer and Course Completion Record
1. Participants will be required to complete and sign a Declaration and Disclaimer prior to undertaking any course or event, and a Course Completion Record.
2. The terms of such shall be deemed to be incorporated into
these terms and conditions.
Exclusion of Liability.
So far as the law permits the Company shall not be liable
1. For the death or personal injury of any customer, participant, spectator or third party unless it is due to the negligence of the Company.
2. The Company shall have no liability for damage to property, consequential losses or expenses suffered, and howsoever arising, which includes but is not limited to loss of anticipated earnings, proﬁts, reputation, goodwill, business receipts, contracts, losses or expenses resulting from third party claims.
3. So far as the law permits, our liability for any damage, loss or expense howsoever arising, and not otherwise excluded by these terms and conditions, shall be conﬁned to an amount no
greater than the contract price agreed between us.
1. Any waiver or allowance made by us shall be limited strictly to the matter and occasion in respect of which waiver or allowance is made, and shall not otherwise be taken to limit
in any way our ability to rely upon and enforce these terms and conditions.
1. Any sum(s) payable to us (which shall include such legal costs and expenses [upon an indemnity basis] as we may incur by reason of your default) in accordance with these terms and conditions if unpaid within 14 days of becoming due and payable shall attract interest (to be compounded / accumulated with the sum(s) payable) at the rate of 2.0% per month (both before and after judgment), payable by you in addition.
All bookings will be subject to these same Terms and Conditions without exception. All customers will be deemed to have read and made themselves aware of these Terms and Conditions and will have accepted them in their entirety without exception as part of the booking with us. No verbal or other communication will override these terms and Conditions in any respect whatsoever.
Any complaint should in the ﬁrst instance be addressed to the member of staff responsible. If they are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, complaints should be addressed by email to;
The Operations Director firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate the matter and try and resolve it. Arbitration level will be referred to:
PO Box 1294
These terms and conditions shall be construed and determined exclusively in accordance with the laws of England and Wales In the event of any dispute between us we each agree that the disputed matter(s) shall be referred to a senior lawyer for determination, who shall act as an expert and who shall be appointed, in the absence of agreement, upon the application of either party, by the President of the Law Society of Englandand Wales, or his / her deputy, and whose decision shall be ﬁnal and binding upon us, save in the event of manifest error.
Any such expert so appointed who shall die or otherwise be unwilling or unable to fulﬁll his / her appointment shall be replaced by another appointed by the same method.
Any term or condition found to be invalid in law or otherwise unenforceable shall be severed herefrom without affecting the validity of the remainder, and replaced by such similar, but valid or enforceable term or condition, as shall most nearly reﬂect the spirit thereof.
True Grip Driver Training Limited are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information we collect about you in accordance with the data protection act 1998. We willnot contact you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will not transfer your details to any other party without prior permission.
The company will not be responsible for any delay or failure to carry out its rights, duties and obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure is outside the control of the company including but not limited to: Acts of God, War, Civil Disorder or Industrial Dispute
Richard Denyer Kevin Cawood
Operations Director. Managing Director
True Grip Driver Training Ltd True Grip Driver Training Ltd
T: 01233 220270
This e-mail, its attachments and any other items transmitted with it are confidential and intended only for the addressee
named above. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, copy or show to any other person the contents of this
message but should immediately reply to the sender and then delete the message from your computer system.
True Grip Off Road is the trading name of True Grip Driver Training Limited.
Company Reg No. 04404354. PO Box 1294, Bedford, MK40 9AZ
True Grip Off Road
Kent TN25 4JT
T: 01233 220270
True Grip Off Road is the trading name of True Grip Driver Training Limited